When my family decided that this was the year we were going to begin exploring the different campsites in our area, I was apprehensive at best. The last thing I wanted to spend my summer doing was sleeping outdoors with the bugs, bears, and who knew what else. However, I didn't want to be the party pooper of my brood, so I asked what they thought of checking out the used camping trailers available in our state.

I figured that one of these vehicles would allow my entire clan to experience the great outdoors without the need for sleeping on the ground or going to the bathroom in the dirt. We could enjoy hot food and running water, and we wouldn't need to worry about wild animals disturbing us in the middle of the night. It sounded great, but where was I going to find used camping trailers in my very limited price range?

A friend of mine had some success buying a used camping trailer from an online auto classifieds website, so I decided to check out that avenue for myself. It didn't take me long to see why these types of sites are so popular right now. They're very easy to use, and allowed me to search for the vehicle I wanted by make, model, location, or price range. Plus, by shopping online, I was able to view a much larger selection of used camping trailers than I would find in my immediate area, which would allow me to find the perfect camper for my family.

There were many styles of used camping trailers to choose from, and the prices ranged from a few thousand dollars for a basic pop-up tent to hundreds of thousands for a top-of-the line RV coach suitable for a rock star. Since my family didn't need anything too fancy, I decided to stick with one of the more affordable units for now -- but I already have my eye on the possibilities when it's time to trade up!

Shopping for used camping trailers was almost as fun as using one, since I loved checking out all of the photos of these amazingly functional, highly compact vehicles. Some were pretty basic in terms of style and features, while others were embellished with designer tile and countertops, leather seating, wide-screen televisions, and fully equipped bathrooms complete with soaking tubs. I scanned the higher priced choices more than once, just to admire these amazing houses on wheels that could allow you to explore the entire country in extreme comfort and luxury.

I've put in some offers on three used camping trailers that fit my family's needs and budget. Hopefully one of the current owners will accept our bid so we can take delivery of the vehicle before the summer gets here. I'm sure we'll be hitting the road in style sometime soon!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home